Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Clean Cut

So the decision I made to go to a barber in a Cairo back alley was only marginally better than my decision to cut my own hair before I left. I tried explaining in Arabic how I wanted him to cut my hair but he must have not understood. It's a little shorter than I would have liked but much better than the debacle that was my self-administered haircut.

Actually the whole experience turned out to be pretty cool. I got a haircut, nose-hair trim, forehead shave (seriously), shave, aftershave, shampoo (with a slight head massage) and a powder for $8. I was pretty happy.

That's pretty much it for this update. I'm heading out tonight back to Amman for the evening and then tomorrow morning to Frankfurt (Germany, not Kentucky) and then onto Chicago were Jess will pick me up at the airport. So I suppose this will be my last post from abroad. Let me get settled back in at home and I'll answer all your questions and post links to my pictures from the trip. I'm even going to make a couple slideshows set to some music and I'll post the links to those, too. I'm actually even contemplating keeping this blog as an update to my life, but I my life isn't nearly as exciting as these past 45 days have been for me. I guess we'll sort all that out soon. Until next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should keep the blog. i am starting one when i move. it will be just like when we blogged in 2004.

Unknown said...

yes, you should keep it...
I'm glad we have have links to your pictures and even to these two slideshows. How exciting!
By the way, about the museum and the fees, when I read your post the other day, I automatically checked the fee for the Louvre (you know me). Well, the minimum is 6 euros (and yes, I have said "minimum") and the maximum is 13 euros. So, I let you convert into dollars! :D
Regarding the British National Museum, Greece still wants back the marble fresco from the Parthenon that the British STOLE!....until then...

Katie said...

when and how did you decide to do this trip around the world, and how did you afford it?

i found out about it just a couple of weeks ago, but i've really enjoyed your posts and rantings. thanks for sharing.
kbarr