Friday, August 1, 2008

One Fine Evening

Just a quick one to let you all know about the truly marvelous evening I had. When I first signed up for CS, tonight is what I had in mind. Roopinder Singh and his family hosted me for dinner tonight in their home outside of Delhi. I was more nervous on my way there than I ever have been meeting the parents of a girlfriend. I mean, at least the parents have the same culture as you*. Your job as the boyfriend is just to be polite and don't say anything stupid. But tonight I was worried about cultural divides and language barriers. All fears quickly subsided as I found out what a truly welcoming family the Singhs were. Not only was Roopinder, his wife and two children there, but also his sister-in-law, her kids and mother-in-law. It was a full house.

I won't give you a play-by-play of the evening, but suffice it to say this is one of, if not the, highlight of the trip. These are experiences that can't be replicated or had everyday for that matter. I count myself as blessed for having met them.

More tomorrow...

*Actually, meeting Jess's dad and step mom was pretty nerve-wrecking since their culture is different and they're throwing Spanish at you.

No comments: